Tuesday, April 15, 2008

11 weeks, colds & ear infections, & travels

I am 11 weeks pregnant and I feel like I am 20+ or even 30+ weeks. My back is already aching, morning sickness thankfully came & went but the tiredness is here with a vengeance. Having a 6month old active child, a house to run & being a wife are very challenging the 2ND time around. I can't just sleep when I want to or not make dinner. I have others that are now dependant on me and sometimes...shhhhhhh...it's not fun. But none the less we are marching along - to our own song.

Then on top of that the last few weeks in the Detlor home have been very Interesting. Ellia came down with a cold that I thought was teething symptoms. Then I got the nasty cold. Before we knew it we were both down for the count. Grumpy, coughing, not sleeping, Grumpy, runny noses, Grumpy...did I mention Grumpy? Bill looked at me one evening and said "its not fun having both of you sick". So this cold lingered & lingered. Ellia was showing little signs of getting better but not improvements like I had. So last Friday I took her to the doctor and found she had a full blown ear infection. We are now on antibiotics and she is finally showing signs of improvement.

This past weekend we traveled to Portland. ( the same trip we will be making in two weeks for a family wedding. ) Ellia traveled better than we thought she would. And she slept in a pac-n-play for the first time. Yeah!! We did have a great time. But it was go, go, go, go and when we got home late Sunday evening we CRASHED. All three of us.

So as you can see there has been a ton going on in the Detlor household the last few weeks. But we are taking it all in stride. We are surviving. God is giving us the Strength, Determination, Peace, Love & the Joy. As I sit typing this Ellia is blowing/spitting bubbles (her new thing in the last 24hrs) on my lap & trying to type with me. I love these moments and this is when I am reminded how Thankful I am for my daughter and my husband.

Go Team Detlor!!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh yeeeah, welcome to pregnancy #2. ;) I'm proud of your great attitude though- you're doing great! Hang in there. Go Team Detlor! :)