Friday, December 21, 2007

Love - The ultimate sacrifice

So I have to admit I had forgotten about blogging and the fact that I had a blog. Clearly seen by the date of my last blog. What triggered my brain was seeing my husband's cousin's blog page. And I noticed that we had the same back ground. However, I win - I had it first.

So this got me to thinking and here I am blogging again.

Since my last blog I have gotten married. We celebrated our 1st anniversary this July and in October we had our first child - Miss Ellia Lorraine. She is wonderful and has added so much joy to our lives. We absolutely adore her and have fallen madly, deeply in love with her.

With parenthood we have discovered new and exciting things. And yes even some scarey things. But with it all we have found a new sense of joy & love. The instant that Ellia was placed on my chest this outpouring of love invaded my body from head to toe. It was the strangest feeling but yet the most comforting all at the same time. I loved her when she was in my belly but the moment she was out of my belly it was so different.

If I love Ellia like this then I can only imagine the love the Father above has for me. He loves me more than I can fathom, more than I love Ellia. This used to seem so overwhelming and almost to the point of unbelief. But now with Ellia in my life I have come to understand and yes even appreciate it more. I find myself understanding this sacrifice more and more every day. He gave his own son who laid down his life for me - a sinner and died. I can only imagine the Father's anguish as he watched his one and only son dying on the cross. I dont know if I could give Ellia so sacrifically to save this dying world. I continue to be blown away, humbled and gratefull for this gift of life. And to think it took a 6lb 15 ounce bundle of joy to bring me to my knees and teach me more about His ultimate sacrifice.

3 comments:

Julie D. said...

fine you win...but until you get pictures up of your sweet baby...I'm ahead! ;) I remember that 'rush of love from head to toe' that you describe. Its amazing...and the love for my kids did the same thing you describe...gave me a whole new realization of God's love for us. It made me realize not only how much my parents love me but how much even more my Father loves me. What a gift. You communicate it so well!
love ya!
j.

shannon said...

I started writing because of Zac. I'd watch him meeting the world, and hear the things he'd say as he made connections, and I'd take note of my feelings toward him. And then, like you, I realized that God must feel that same way about me. All that thinking needed expression, so that's when the writing began.

You'll be amazed at the things Ellia will teach you.

Kim said...

Gina, I loved this post. (I'm so happy you're blogging again!) I too started blogging because of things the Lord was teaching me through my first baby. :) Makes you want to have a dozen or so little ones, doesn't it? Ha! ;)

Abba's Girl: Heart Knowledge

Love,
Kim