Saturday, October 01, 2005

Fall has arrived

As I stepped out of the house into the chilly night air I drew in a deep breath. Ahhh, the smell of Fall, yep that's what it was. Oh, how I love this time of year! Fall is my favorite season and every year I wait in anticipation of its coming. There's nothing like bundling up for a long walk with the crunch, crunch of the dry leaves under my feet. Or the smell of fireplaces burning - its such an intoxicating smell.

Fall creeps in like a cat stalking a mouse. And before you know it everything around me is changing. The leaves turn to their beautiful colors of red, orange, and yellow. The air gets a crisp chill and the smell...oh, the smell. All around me is changing and it all brings a smile to my face.

Changes not only occur outside but inside. The summer linens come off the bed and the fruity, flowery candles are put away. Out come the fall decorations, pumpkin spice candles and flannel sheets.

And on the weekends when time permits I busy myself with making soups and pumpkin or banana breads. Their wonderful smells fill my house and again a smile is brought to my face. I will freeze the soups to eat later in the cold of winter. And enjoy the breads hot out of the oven with some butter.

Get out....take a walk...breath in the fresh/crisp air. Smell the fireplaces that burn and listen to the crunch and crackle of the leaves. Bake some bread or make some soup and then tell me if you too dont enjoy Fall as much as I do. Happy Fall time Everyone!!


1 comment:

Cora said...

Hey, girl, I know you have something to blog about!