There they were all sitting there on the porch dried out and crying out for water. If they could speak I'm sure they would've said "where have you been all week?" My plants speaking to me now thats a crazy idea.
I planted them last weekend, but in my madness of life forgot to water them all week. So this morning when I awoke to the soothing sound of the rain I remembered them and rushed out to the porch. I moved them all out off the porch and into the pounding rain. Two of them had to remain partially under the porch awning as they are a little more delicate than the rest and the pounding rain would crush them. All while thinking.... "there now I wont have to water them".
It occurred to me in that very moment that my plants are just like me. I am that dying out plant that is in desperate need of water. By the end of the week life, work, friends, family have sucked me dry. I collapse on Friday night and wait for my "water" to fill me back up. It seems like this is how I feel more and more lately. I feel like one of my plants and am just waiting for that gulp of water to revitalize me.
I find it so amazing how God knows just how much water to give me and when to give it too me. He knows when I am just too delicate and only need a small amount. He never forgets about me even when I forget about him. And I am always in awe of His ablillities to satisfy my every need and come to my aid even when I think I am A-Ok. Through His word, a friends call, a song or as I attend to my neglected plants He pierces my heart and reminds me he is still in control.
2 comments:
That's beautiful, Gina. I love that you saw such a profound truth in such a simple moment.
And I'm so glad you're blogging! :)
What an awesome thing to be reminded of that even though you may "forget Him", God never forgets you. Thanks!
Post a Comment